Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New Future Fire Out-And I'm In It

The newest edition of the Future Fire has just gone online.

This one is carrying fiction by Eric del Carlo, Melanie Rees, Rob Sharp and-hey, that's me, Nader Elhefnawy!

There's also a book review of Subtle Edens: An Anthology of Slipstream Fiction, and an editorial on the whole women-in-sf thing that eschews the pandering to identity politics path to say something genuinely broad-minded about the situation.

In case you're wondering, my story is (as the contents page makes clear) "The Transmigration." An earlier version appeared in the June 2007 edition of The Taj Mahal Review, but this is the first piece, of any kind, that I have placed in a science fiction magazine.

And as it happens, this particular piece is one of special import for yours truly. The first draft of it came pouring out of me back in July 2004, and with it began the project that has since that time absorbed most of the energy I've been able to devote to fiction-my Tales From the Singularity. (This piece grew into a novella, which is now close to becoming a novel. Of course, you'll be the first to know how that goes.)

No comments:

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon