Sunday, October 11, 2015

Reviewing Zahn's Star Wars trilogy

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, I read Timothy Zahn's sequel trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, The Last Command) to the original Star Wars films.

It was common to think of the books as in their way constituting Episodes VII through IX of the saga, but as anyone following these matters knows now, Disney decided not to go with them in setting up the next trilogy (and indeed, consigned almost all of the Expanded Universe to "Legends" rather than canonical status).

Still, I found myself taking a renewed interest in the books, and have just put up my review of the first of them, Heir to the Empire, which you can read here.

You can also check out my review of the prequel to Zahn's trilogy, Outbound Flight, which offered the back stories of the principal villain, Grand Admiral Thrawn, and the original Jorus C'baoth.

Preview After the New Wave
8/3/15
Preview Cyberpunk, Steampunk and Wizardry
7/9/15
My Posts on Star Wars
12/16/12

No comments:

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon