Saturday, April 20, 2024

The Wearisomeness of Les Claqueurs

Over the years I have paid a good deal of attention to the entertainment press simply because of the subjects I write about--and personally think that press has got worse. Looking at particular web sites over the years it certainly seems to me that many a site that had once provided at least some interesting comment has been reduced to a platform for listicle-packed clickbait, while the proportion of breathless hype to substance has exploded--enough so that I find myself less and less inclined to bother with anything my immediate research needs do not require me to look at, the claquing that was always an annoyance simply become intolerably exhausting. The result is that where once upon a time the trivia of entertainment news seemed at least capable of offering a respite from the horrors of the headlines, it now seems to me something to avoid just as much.

No comments:

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon