Saturday, June 24, 2023

The Marvels' Trailer: A Reaction

The trailer for The Marvels has me anticipating a movie that places the accent on goofy comedy.

Think Thor 4.

Except, to go by the visuals, a lot cheaper looking.

Granted, we have heard a lot about Marvel taking the time to get the CGI right on this one after the criticism of Ant-Man 3, but all the same one might have hoped for somewhat more dazzle--at least, in comparison with the contemporaneous trailer for the originally straight-to-streaming Blue Beetle.

My gut reaction: what it shows of the movie makes me more, not less, confident of my expectation of a significant drop in gross from the 2019 Captain Marvel (while, as it happens, my expectations for Blue Beetle moved up at least a couple of notches on the basis of its flashy, action-packed trailer).

No comments:

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon